Continuum™ is a web-based interactive tool for spatial-temporal analysis that was designed by analysts, for analysts.
Continuum™ was designed by intelligence analysts to help in understanding and presenting relationships between events and their locations. It integrates effortlessly into your workflow, using data you already gather in spreadsheets and databases. Continuum™ allows you to build interactive Geotimelines any way you want:
- Import from spreadsheets
- Build interactively in your browser
- Query from databases
- Aggregate or draw from other Geotimelines
In today’s world, analysis of complex events requires the capability to visualize information at a finer scale in both the temporal and spatial domains than what current tools provide. This is being driven by a number of factors:
- Small events can now have a major impact on the strategic landscape
- Decision makers are planning and monitoring events to much higher levels of precision, needing flexible capabilities in support of wide-ranging operations
- Data feeds are evolving to support higher precision, such as better tags with more accurate and more relevant metadata – both spatially and temporally.
Observera’s analytical staff identified a need for an improved spatial-temporal analysis tool to support their analysis activities, resulting in the Continuum™ project.
Continuum™ allows interaction between temporal representations of data elements and their geospatial representations. For example, selecting an object in the timeline highlights it in the map viewer and vice versa. The tool allows the user to subscribe to data from various data stores. The timeline viewer allows simultaneous, multiple scale views of the temporal information data, which can simultaneously show minutes to centuries, if desired. Continuum™ allows analysts to efficiently manage their temporal/spatial data by:
- Improving the integration of spatial and temporal data from large numbers of distributed data sources
- Improving the efficiency of interacting with 4D data
- Improving collaboration among users of 4D data
Example applications of Continuum™ include:
- Tracking and Behavioral Analysis
- Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance
- Emergency Response Activities and Coordination
- Inter-event Correlation
- Training/Scenario Creation